FT232 (Cluso’s PropPlug replacement)
The FT232 board uses the traditional (authentic) FT232RL FTDI chip to perform the USB conversion to serial TTL.
- PCB 0.6″x0.75″ 1.6mm thick Purple ENIG (gold finish)
- Parallax PropPlug equivalent with additional 5VDC output from USB available
- Authentic FT232RL integrated circuit
- Mini USB connector (cable not supplied)
- TxLED & RxLED pins feed a common LED, indicating when data is being sent and/or received
- Onboard Transistor Reset Circuit connected to DTR (PropPlug equivalent)
- For other micros, a spare pin can be connected to RTS or CTS
- USB 5VDC is available on the connector via a link, or on header with GND
The required USB cable is quite commonly used for cameras and phones and is likely to be in the home/office already.